Monday, August 9, 2021

Colchester Cannons Moving Forward...

 


I proudly worked with the Colchester Cannons American Legion Baseball club for 16 years in a variety of coaching, tech and mentorship roles. My son played in the program for six years with three years on the Jr team and three on the Senior team. I decided some time ago that my sons last year as a player would be my last year coaching. For me, it wrapped up thirty years overall of coaching youth baseball. 

When it came time to help the new Cannons administration create new opportunities I proposed it was time for a website and social media refit. I also told them I was happy to help.

The Cannons are a special organization in Vermont American Legion baseball. Unlike many new for-profit travel teams, the Cannons deliver a first class experience to kids and families at a low and all-inclusive cost. Ttravel, meals, hotels, plane tickets, clothing, gear or game fees are all included. The program has traveled mightily over the years and in 2022 the team is headed to... Hawaii.

Building a new website for the program and ramping up their social media efforts was a fun trip down memory lane and to help pave the way for more community building, education, travel and great baseball.

Check out the new website at: https://www.colchestercannons.org

#Vermont #AmericanLegion #AmericanLegionBaseball #SummerBaseball