Friday, December 18, 2015

All good things... Bove's Restaurant in Burlington, Vermont



A classic Italian fare staple in Burlington, VT for 75 years, Bove's, is closing it's doors on December 23, 2015.

I'm still in denial I think.

I'd venture to guess I've eaten at Bove's or had their takeout over 200 times in my lifetime.

That's a lot of red garlic sauce... which is my go to dish.

Old school menu. Simple. Classic. Inexpensive. Staple.

Red garlic spaghetti with a small dish of extra sauce, small antipasto or 'lettuce with dressing'... pass the soft white bread and salted butter please.

One takeout order today... and more tomorrow. I'm bracing myself.

'All good things,' right?

But I do want to thank the folks at Bove's for their work and community support over 75 years... and helping this kid eat well. I loved every second of it.

Bove's is still going to do catering, right? Here's hoping that rich red garlic sauce will still be the same.

; )