Sunday, May 20, 2012

Teaching and Learning in Virtual Worlds


Jumping rooftops again in SL...

Ramping up a class called Teaching and Learning in Virtual Worlds at Marlboro College.

This marks my third of three trimesters at Marlboro, the Capstone...and it's going to be a busy one. Teaching four classes, coaching a Varsity sport (baseball), and conjuring on through a Masters degree program have kept me busy. Going to be a busy couple of months!

The first section of this Virtual class has folks exploring Second Life (SL). I dove into SL back in '06. By SL accounts, that puts me out as an old timer! Over the last two years I haven't been in SL much at all. As I've prowled around a bit again, the SL world has changed a lot... mesh avatars, new scripting... 'SL time,' as folks say in world, moves very fast.

I'll be working in the course with a great group of folks and will be posting some updates and reflections here as I go.

Jumping rooftops again in SL...

Engage...