Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Life Long Kindergarten and the Quest for Creative, Forward Motion

Caught this interview with Mitch Resnick in a post yesterday. It's a simple philosophy Resnick is talking about really... and that's why I love it. Direction like this takes a lot of thinking, collaboration, trust, and commitment to forward motion. It makes sense and it's the essence of why I love project based education. I've always admired what MIT is doing on these fronts and I have integrated many of those practices and philosophies into my work.

Resnick's comments between 5:36 on through the end of the clip... love it!

Education bureaucracy can be stifling. Forward motion is the key. If more leaders, more teachers... more schools pursued this sort of thinking... then we'd be onto something.

Engage.